Little Genius digital program is intended to promote the ICE methodology and the holistic development of children thanks to a transversal approach to teaching and learning situations which correlate across the age range and all subjects through the promotion of a paperless digital class. It helps to facilitate the building and development of skills through an integrated curriculum and hybrid models that goes hand-in-hand with cognitive processes such a problem solving, self-regulated learning, coping strategies and reflectiveness, which all help to reach an augmented and more productive learning. According to the weekly plans and the timetables, students have the opportunity to practically “live” the ICE methodology. This includes and involves engaging in augmented learning.
The games of Infinite Child Evolution (ICE®)
The Infinite Child Evolution games (ICE®) represent a virtual platform of endless lessons that raise the learning process of subjects to a higher and more detailed level, while remaining at a right level for children. The topics of the lessons currently used and available are:
• Biodiversity – make informed decisions about their own physical environment.
• Skeletal, lymphatic, muscular and circulatory systems.
• Band music – compose, record and superimpose music.
At Little Genius International these games have been designed, tested and developed to ensure that our students’ abilities are not limited to textbooks and standard teaching programs.
– Digital natives support – Technological Training with Apple Inc Technology at Little Genius International: At Little Genius International we believe it is important to provide the digital natives (children born in today’s technological culture) with the know-how necessary for the future. As information technology is rapidly transforming communication and general culture as we know it, we aim to ensure that our students are familiar with the many uses of computers and the learning of their applications. For this reason, Little Genius International staff was trained by Apple Inc in using iPads and Apple applications suitable for children.
❖ Apple Inc iPads at Little Genius International
Apple iPad will be presented to our students as a game. Behind proper presentation and our supervision, while using the numerous applications for children, we will provide your children with a range of experiences that include:
games, e-books, garage band, download in different languages. The diversification of lessons is based on learning skills, multiple abilities, virtual scientific laboratories, simulation activities, artistic activities, etc.
Electronics completely permeates all the environments of our life, understanding what it is and what are its basic principles will help children understand the world around them. We will make the journey in the electronics world with different supports, reported below:
❖ Little Bits: modular electronic modules useful to teach how to master the internet of things of the future.
❖ Lego Mindstorms: they are a system that allows to build robots at low cost and in an effective way. The brain of the LEGO MINDSTORMS robots is the programmable NXT brick, which can be controlled via USB, Bluetooth or Wifi.
❖ Breadboards: perforated boards in which children can insert electronic components and try them to test their functioning.
❖ MaKey MaKey: New support that integrates electronic components with commonly used objects. Children can connect this support to many kinds of objects to turn them into musical instruments or video game controllers.
❖Leap Motion: Device that allows children to interact with the computer by recognizing the movement of the fingers. Students will use “Leap motion” to play games of skill and education such as recognition and interaction with three-dimensional shapes.
❖ Sifteo Cubes: small cube-shaped devices, in which one of the faces has a touch screen. The screens display images or words that interact with those of the other cubes when they are brought closer one another or moved away. The possibilities of having fun and above all learning for all ages are almost endless, from applications on color recognition to composition of words and phrases.
– Coding Younger students will be introduced to the programming language through games played outdoors and in the gym during which they will have to instruct their teammates as if they were interacting with a computer. From the first elementary class onwards, the students will use online platforms and dedicated applications in order to become familiar with the language of coding through the use and finally the creation of video games.
– 3D printer Thanks to this tool we will deal with the world of solids and the various ways to move from the design phase to the realization phase, exploring the concept of “form and function”.
– Paperless Classroom
– Drones: We have nowadays almost countless categories of drones, related to fields of application, because this constantly evolving instrument is part of tomorrow’s work. Children will begin to learn and pilot drones of different types
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH